Changing impressions

Monday, December 14, 2009 at 10:08 AM
It's been more than 3 months since I stepped Japan for first time, even though that just looked like a few weeks for me. When I started this blog, I told that my first impression of this country was that it didn't impress me as much as I expected. The truth is that during this time I've been learning a lot of things, but in general my impression hasn't changed that much.

There are still a lot of things to learn about Japan


Is not that I think that Japan doesn't have interesting things, but quite the opposite. I felt that I'd need several years to start realizing how Japan really is. As for what I could experience until now, I felt very comfortable with Japanese lifestyle, in some aspects even more than in my own country, but I also felt that I wasn't able to experience Japan as much as I would have liked. The international student routine has much to do about it, since it generates some closed circles and schedule limitations difficult to break through.

Like the bronze lions in front of Yasaka jinja, I'll keep watching


Luckily, since I'm extending my stay for the next semester, I'll have a long break to travel, observe and get immersed into some new aspects of Japanese society, and I'm really excited about that, because my working field as an amateur anthropologist will widen in a high degree. Now I'm just glad to have learned how to improve my observation skills and use the adequate techniques to understand better my surrounding. I'm sure that these things will be very useful to me from now on.

1 Responses to Changing impressions

  1. You are correct that it is difficult to escape the KGU institution and view the real Japan. None the less you have consistently done a great job every week coming up with interesting topics, great pictures and original observations. Well done. Best of luck during the break and next semester in honing your skills even more.

Keihan Chronicle | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com